Friday 15 February 2008

Ms Re' Interview


MS RE'


Tell us about MS RE’?


Ms. Re’ is every woman - I’m a mother, sister, friend, cousin. Ms. Re’ represents strength, perseverance, and truth. Ms. Re’ loves both life and music and fuses them together for herself and others. Ms. Re’ is the epitome of survival.......Ms. Re’ is “Da Boss Baby”......... Whoa!! I like that!! LOL

How do you manage to juggle motherhood and music?


I manage motherhood and music by combining them. I find ways to involve my children in my business, as my family did. I’m a multi-tasker by nature. Besides, I don’t have an option... I just DO IT!

Besides music what else keeps you busy?


Since I’m almost a one woman army over at Boss Baby Entertainment, “Music” is inclusive of writing, recording, mixing, video editing, marketing, promotions, performing – you name it. Besides music, of course, there’s family. I’m very family oriented and I spend as much time possible staying connected to family and friends.

Have you found it difficult to progress and succeed in this industry?


It is predominantly male after all and although there are many female artists out there the men still seem to dominate the airwaves.
It has been extremely difficult to progress in this industry. This industry is dominated by men and their money or desire of. Going against the grain will always be difficult.

Success is a matter of perception...my biggest obstacles to success are my own insecurities and personal limitations......but I’m knocking those out daily!! I’m successful everyday that I don’t have to go to someone else’s job for money – I’m living my dream and loving it!!!

Do you have a strong team behind you?


I have a sincere, talented, RESOURCEFUL team behind me. I’m small staffed, but I believe in them even more than they believe in me. I’ve been blessed with some of the most talented people you haven’t heard of yet.....but we’re going places!!!

Your current single “Walk Like A Model” is a great ladies anthem, what reaction have you been getting from this track?


Walk Like A Model has been crazy. I’ve been able to break many barriers with this track. Racial, cultural, social, and geographical – this one could be the one. I am in awe of the overseas response.

Your first Mix-tape release “Street Sweeper” was a huge street success, what can we expect from the next Mix-tape?


“Da Street Sweeper” set the tone on the streets for me. “Da Sequel” is more of the same - real life stories, club bangers, dat street heat. I’ve challenged myself this go around to sing a few of the hooks and broaden my track selection. I tried to round it out to show my fans that there’s alot more to me. I want to maintain my fan base and earn new fans with each release – so I gotta keep it coming.

When is the album?


The album is slated for a Spring 2008 release. I’m working on the demand for it by getting the streets behind me with the mixtapes and keeping the club/radio singles coming. The album is my heart and soul – it’s the real. Very diverse, something for everyone.
Tell us something about you we would not know just by looking at you?
I grew up funny looking and chubby. LOL

Tell us about B.B.E. TV?


BBE TV is my internet TV show. I broadcast a little of everything there. Thanks to the internet and Youtube, I don’t have to be rich or well connected to let people around the world know what’s going on in mine. I use it as a resource to promote myself and other artists or noteworthy events and businesses. I’ve gotten a great response. There’s even talk of me getting my own local show. Tune in: www.youtube.com/bossbabyenttv


You have been nominated for an award at the 2008 SEA’s how does that feel?


The Southern Entertainment Award (SEA) nomination makes me feel like I’m up for a Grammy!!! Real Talk. I’m so honoured and humbled. “Da Street Sweeper” was my first independent release and for it to put me in the ranks with Gangsta Boo, La Chat and a handful of other talented, due-paying females in the game.... I’m so grateful. It is definitely motivation to keep going and that confirmation that my music is appreciated.

How would you define your style?


Original. Unique. My style is MINE!!! With the game so oversaturated, it’s hard to find anything genuine these days. I’ve always had my own swag – I’m not like anyone I know. My music is no different. For every mood I have (and that’s MANY) I’ve got at least one song to match....LOL

As you know this interview will go out within the UK, how familiar are you with UK Hip Hop? You know the style is very different to the USA.


I am not that familiar with any artist in particular in the UK. I do understand that in the culture (hip hop) is very different – especially the Southern hip hop culture. UK artists seem to have embraced alot of the lyricism and passion hip hop came with. And of course, being from the South (US), we got our own thang..... I am humbled to have fans so far away from home..... much love y’all!!

Any Shout’s?


First shout to YOU for giving me the opportunity! What up Dani.......INTERNATIONAL BABY, INTERNATIONAL!!! Much love to the entire Boss Baby family. Special Shout Out to Tom, Myspace is the bizness!!!



INTERVIEW ORIGINALLY SHOWN AT:

No comments: