Thursday 21 February 2008

Aaron James Cashell Interview



AARON JAMES CASHELL


Born and raised in the North East of England Aaron James Cashell is one of my home town’s biggest rising R n B artists.
With music sincerely from the heart and a perfect attitude to put his best into every track he releases it’s only right he got some spot light this month at British Hip Hop.
So enjoy this interview, Aaron is definitely an artist to watch out for in 2008!


How long have you been pursuing your musical gift?

Well been singing since I was a kid so guess been wanting to have as a profession since I was young but now I am confident in talents to be success and hopefully my music will connect with people in a positive way.

Your dad was a boxer yeah? What was that like for you as a child? Did he not want you
to follow in his footsteps?


Me, box never (laughs) No my dad is tough from a young age he show me & my sister how to look after ourselves and I do actually box to keep fit and do the whole sparing too so if you see me with a black eye you know where I have got it from (laughs) but my dad has always supported what I wanted to do and he loves my music so he is happy with the career I have taken.

Of all the tracks you have recorded to date which is the most meaningful to your self and why?


my most meaningful track is PEACE which I have taking off my myspace, so I can rerecord it as its a few years old now, well peace means a lot to me as its about my parents break up, when they argued I used to sit in my bed room and turn my music it, I think I was listening to maxwell when I started to write the lyrics to it. I personally think its my best track too!

Is there an album planned?


Yeah the album is half way finished with me doing the whole prpmo tour thing I have had less time in the studio but with xmas around the corner we needed to get a move on so currently in the studio now.....FINGERS CROSSED it will be done for January 28th

You have your own street team yeah? How did you put that together and give us a break down of what it is a street team actually do?


I am still sorting my street team out now so if your’e interested GET AT ME (laughs) well
I am looking to release my first single in mid January 2008 so preparing now.
What a street team does is hit the street handing flyers about your up and coming
Releases, concerts & PA's basically what every you do they will inform people of it so to me they are a big part of a artist success.

Now you like my self are from the North of England, do you feel there is enough support where we are for aspiring artists like yourself?


I think there is as Newcastle ain’t the biggest scene for R&B music, I have found alot of support for my music which I am very very thankful for, Newcastle fans are loyal.

You recently took a trip to Dubai that was music related right? Did you make any progress?


Yeah dubai was a great trip we done the radio promo over there and I am the fastest CD/Poster giveaway artist they have had this year with in two minute the CD's were gone, apparently It took robbie williams a hour to get rid of his stuff, so I feel really proud about the success I had there, I will be back to dubai hopefully soon I meet a lot of decent people there and the country is so stunning,

Your music is very soulful and truly heartfelt, where do you get the inspiration for your tracks?


You know what my dad asks me that all the time and I really don’t know I just start singing and words just come (laughs) but I do seem to write about my past relationships and family etc my track "Dwell" is about one of my ex girl friends.

What can the fans expect from AARON JAMES CASHELL in 2008?


2008 you will see my first single "YouMe" drop in january and hopefully if I work hard enough we will see a long successful career form (laughs)

Any shout’s?


Yeah BIG SHOUT TO ALL MY SUPPORTERS AND FANS FOR THERE SUPPORT AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT MY SHOWS NEXT YEAR...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU X


INTERVIEW ORIGINALLY SHOWN AT:


No comments: