Saturday 29 March 2008

Woody Rock Interview


WOODY ROCK of Dru Hill

This time round we wanted to bring our readers something a little different, a little more individual and interesting, we bring you Woody Rock.
Now most of you will know Woody from the multi platinum selling group Dru Hill but since his departure from the group Woody has been working on projects a little closer to the heart.
Lets catch up and see what the soul man himself has been working on since we saw him last.

First up thanks for taking the time to do this interview with us at Hip Hop Kings and Underground Promotion UK.

Since your departure from Dru Hill you have been working on your own musical projects, tell us about the upcoming album you are currently working on?

Hey, thanks so much 4 having me. My new project is entitled Soul Music Vol. 2:Peace, Love, & More Soul. This time around, it's just me, no guest appearances because I want people 2 be able 2 focus on the messages that GOD has given me.

Is there a release date for it as of yet?

I'm praying 4 a December release.

Gospel music has always been close to your heart, do you feel more in touch with the music you create solo than you did with Dru Hill?

There is definitely a difference in my Gospel music & the music I do with Dru because when I sing Gospel, I sing under the annointing of the Holy Spirit.

Tell us about the real you, who inspired you at a young age?

My mom(R.I.P.) was my 1st inspiration because she put me in her choir @ age 3. After that, The Winans, Commissioned, Darryl Coley, The Williams Bros. & on the secular side, JODECI, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson & the U.K’s own QUEEN(gotta love that Harmony) & George Michael.

Is singing something you always wanted to pursue?

I actually wanted 2 be a comedian & singing was 2 be part of my act but once I saw how the ladies responded, I wanted 2 be a singer (laughs)

Going from a group of four to a solo artist was a big step and then there was the difference within the music itself, did you have any worries or doubts at first about branching out on your own?

I was never scared or nervous about being solo because I knew I was singing 4 the LORD & I knew he wouldn't let me be wack.

you got anything else you are working on besides music these days?

My next move is 2 break into the cartoon world. Doing Voice overs & things of that nature

And you know I have to ask for all the Dru Hill fans out there. Will Dru Hill ever bring us another album?

We have been talking about a reunion recently so expect the unexpected!

Shout’s?


Finally,shout out 2 everybody in the U.K. who loves real music Especially my homies from day 1 Yasmin,Aminah,Weezy & Sarah. Much love & GOD BLESS U ALL.


INTERVIEW ORIGINALLY SHOWN AT:

No comments: