Sunday 9 March 2008

TQ Interview


TQ

TQ is without a doubt one of the finest Singers within R&B in my opinion. We are all familiar with the recent Chris Brown’s and NE-YO’s but if you take things a little further back and across to the West Coast, Compton to be exact you will find TQ. A highly accomplished singer songwriter with unbelievable classics behind him like ’Westside’ and ‘Bye Bye Baby’ just to name a few.
TQ is the essence of pure R&B, music with a real flavour which I feel we miss slightly in a lot of today’s artists.
Luckily enough I had the chance to catch up with the man himself to chat about the upcoming album, Paradise, which I can tell you all now is fantastic! TQ’s best release since the Debut They Never Saw Me Coming album.

R.I.P. STATIC MAJOR!!

First up tell us about the new album, Paradise? Due out April 1st.


Well I think it’s my best work yet. I just listened to all my albums from top to bottom. I sound like a pro on this one. The song writing is slick. Mature. Accomplished. This album was done out of the confidence of being a vet in this business. I’m very happy with it.

There is a track on there titled “sexy” I personally love it! How would you describe the feel of this track?


Strictly for the girlz… I come across so many of those sexy ones… I just had to give it up! Probably going to be my 2nd single…

Who have you worked with on the new album?


Production by Static Major, God rest his soul… He tragically passed away a week ago… Deezle, DJ Tomekk, and myself. Features from Krayzie Bone, BG, Jagged Edge, Lunch and the DBoyz

Why did you decide to call it “Paradise”?


It’s all about accomplishment. I feel like I’m finally at the place that I wanted to be as an artist… and it feels great. Kinda like “Paradise”

Do you feel you have developed your skills as an artist since your first major release?


Definitely! Check the 1st question…LOL!!!!

Tell us about “House Arrest”?


Thaz my new group… My boy At-Will and Lucky. One from the Bay and one from Bama. They hot to death look for them soon… They remind me of a young OutKast

You are also working with T Hud right?


Yeah we did an album and we’re about to shoot a movie for it. Its called Family Ties… The Mid-West Project. Super hot! People are really gonna be surprised at Troy’s rapping ability and how gangsta I can REALLY get!


We have to go way back to the days of “Westside” that track is a legend, what did it mean for you?


Aw man so much! That song has taken a young cat from Compton California, all over the world! I am grateful to God to have written it. A real blessing…

Was music something you always wanted to be involved in from a young age?


I always loved music but I never thought I’d have the opportunity to do it as a job. I wanted to play football…

You have worked with some great artists over the years, who on a personal level has been the most influential in your career?


Prolly Mannie Fresh… He’s the cat that I’ve done the most music with. Unfortunately most of it hasn’t been released due to legal issues with Cash Money.

There is so much talent out there right now, who for you is making themselves seen and heard on a major scale?


I’m a Jigga fan. Jay-Z consistently makes the best rap albums since Pac died..

What other projects do you have planned for 2008?


All kinds of shit!!!!!! Lol! Check my myspace page for details… www.myspace.com/TQOfficialSite.

Any Shout’s?


Yeah I wanna give a shout out to all the members of my website www.thugpoetry.com.
The hottest site on the planet!!!!!!!
Thanks for the opportunity babe!!!!!!!


INTERVIEW ORIGINALLY SHOWN AT:

No comments: